How To Override A Bluetooth Speaker Connection: Steps For Android And iOS Devices
Most of our devices these days are wireless – phones, computers, speakers. A few clicks on your smartphone, and you are already connected to your speakers. The problem arises when there are several devices connected to that speaker. When you cannot connect your device to your wireless speaker, chances are, it is connected to another device or searching for another device.
In this case, you cannot pair your device because someone else's phone or tablet is already paired. And it can be a tremendous task to check everyone's phone, tablets, computers, Smart TV. You may not even know where that particular device is. Tough, isn't it? But there’s a solution to that – you should learn how to override a Bluetooth speaker connection.
So, here are some things you can do to override the Bluetooth speaker connection:
1.Turn competing devices off
This is the most sure-fire possible solution to this issue. Turn off all other devices in the area that use Bluetooth while you troubleshoot the problem. Look for those devices that were previously paired to the speaker and disable the Bluetooth. This will allow your device to connect to the speaker.
2. Reset Bluetooth On Your Speaker
Press the Bluetooth or Bluetooth Disconnect button on your speaker. This is to clear any current connections. The speaker will make a sound, which indicates that it disconnects from a device. Try to reconnect your device and start the pairing process again.
3. Reset Bluetooth On Your Device
You cannot connect your phone to the speaker because it is already paired to another device, perhaps a car stereo or another speaker in the house. When you reset your Bluetooth, this will automatically disconnect you from other devices.
For iOS Device
- Swipe up the iOS screen and press the Bluetooth icon to toggle Bluetooth On or Off.
- You can also turn Bluetooth off from its Settings: navigate to the Settings menu, then select Bluetooth. Press the switch located on the top-right to turn Bluetooth Off. If you want to turn it On, press it again.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen. Press the Bluetooth icon to toggle Bluetooth On or Off.
- If you want to turn Bluetooth Off from its Settings menu, go to the Connections menu and press the switch next to Bluetooth.
Forget or Unpair Bluetooth Speaker
If you have a lot of Bluetooth devices paired to your phone or do not want your devices to connect your speakers automatically, it is best to "Forget" or "Unpair" them.
For iOS Device
- Choose your speaker from the Bluetooth menu. Press the icon to the right of the speaker.
- Tap Forget Device.
- Press Forget device again to confirm.
For Android Device
- Choose your speaker in the Bluetooth menu. Press the Settings icon to the right of the speaker's name.
- Press Unpair to remove the speaker.
Bluetooth connectivity is handy and efficient, although technical issues often happen and cannot be avoided. That is why it is also important to know how to override a Bluetooth speaker connection when troubleshooting these devices, most especially if you use them regularly.