How To Connect Sony Bluetooth Speaker: The Easiest Way
Sony is a well-known company for developing and manufacturing many different electronic devices such as smart phones, televisions, and speaker systems. It also manufactures the highly popular PlayStation gaming console. In its line up of products, Sony also offers a Bluetooth speaker. This type of speaker is perfect for a hands-free listening experience, without worrying about tangled cords or limited mobility of the speaker itself. Read on to learn how to connect Sony Bluetooth Speaker in different ways, depending on the device you want to pair it with.
Pair Sony Speaker with a Bluetooth Device
The most common use of the Sony Bluetooth speaker is to connect it with your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, usually by using the Bluetooth function on your source device. This is really quick and easy to set-up and once a device is paired, it will remain paired to the Sony speaker whenever you turn it on.
Follow these simple steps on how to pair a Sony speaker.
- First remove your Sony Bluetooth speaker from the box it came in and make sure that it is charged. Use the charging cable it came with to ensure optimal battery function.
- Turn on your Sony Bluetooth speaker by pressing the power button.
- For first time usage, the blue light on the speaker will start blinking rapidly once it is turned on. If the speaker has already been previously paired with another device, press on and hold the power button until the blue light starts blinking rapidly.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth function on your device is turned on and ready to pair.
- The model name of the Sony Bluetooth speaker that you wish to connect should appear on the list of options on your source device. Select the speaker and wait for it to pair with the device.
- The blue light on your speaker should now be lit up without blinking, indicating that the Bluetooth pairing was successful.
Connect Sony Speaker with the One Touch NFCTM Feature
Alternately, if you have a new speaker model that is NFC-compatible, you can also choose to connect the Sony Bluetooth Speaker to your device that also has the NFC feature. Follow the steps below on how to connect a Sony speaker.
- Follow the same steps in pairing your speaker with a Bluetooth device until the device is powered on. Take note that the blue light should be flashing rapidly at this point.
- On your mobile device, check the settings to make sure that the NFC function is turned on.
- Locate the NFC logo on your Sony Bluetooth speaker and lightly tap your source device on it.
- Instructions should pop-up on your device and follow it to be able to connect the speaker.
- The blue light on your speaker should now be lit up without blinking, indicating that the connection was successful.
Pairing your device with your Sony speaker is a breeze to do. Once you figure out how to connect Sony Bluetooth speaker, try it out on your device immediately and enjoy your tunes in no time.