How To Pair Two Bluetooth Speakers: Is It Possible?
Most people these days use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology. A lot of our devices are now wireless and designed to connect to the Internet and Bluetooth. At times, you need to connect these devices and gadgets together to help you with your tasks at home or work, like connecting your computer to printers and scanners, or it could be as simple as connecting two speakers to be able to host a great house party.
Yes, there are ways to pair two wireless speakers and use them at the same time. Here’s how to pair two Bluetooth speakers:
A Bluetooth hub works just like your Wi-Fi router. It extends the range of your Bluetooth connection up to a thousand feet (compared to the usual 15 to 30 feet) and can connect other Bluetooth devices simultaneously.
In most cases, you can set up your Bluetooth hub with your smartphone. The hub and your smartphone should be compatible with Android and Apple applications. With this, you can easily manage your paired Bluetooth devices, like wireless speakers, printers, and even your Smart TV, using your smartphone.
You can use the Bluetooth hub during events when you want to connect two speakers simultaneously. Of course, both speakers need to have a Bluetooth feature. You have to turn both the speakers on so the Bluetooth hub can discover them. Once they are paired and connected to the hub, you can now use them to play music with YouTube, SoundCloud, or with your phone’s music media using the hub’s application on your smartphone.
Pairing Wireless Speakers
You can also pair two wireless speakers to have a better audio experience. First, you need to have speakers of the same model. Here we use Sony SRX-XB20. We will set these speakers to stereo mode, meaning that the two speakers create separate left and right channels. Follow the steps below to know how to pair two wireless speakers and set them to stereo mode:
- Turn both speakers off.
- Turn the power back on one of the speakers. You will see that the Bluetooth indicator will flash white.
- Press and hold the Add button for 3-5 seconds. The L-R light indicators will flash in white after a beep.
- You will hear another beep sound after 3 seconds. The L-R indicator will now become solid white. The Bluetooth indicator, on the other hand, will keep flashing.
- You have now 1 minute to do the next process. If not, you will have to do the first part all over again.
- Turn on the power of the second speaker. While its Bluetooth indicator is flashing white, press and hold the Add button for 3-5 seconds until you hear a beep sound. Both indicators, the Bluetooth and L-R, will flash white for a few seconds.
- After a moment, The L-R indicator’s light will be steady while the Bluetooth light will be off.
- You have now successfully paired the speakers and set them to stereo mode.
It is amazing how the technology works and how it helps our jobs more comfortable and enjoy life a lot better. Now that you already learned how to pair two Bluetooth speakers, you can try using your Bluetooth and be surprised by how many gadgets and devices you can connect and pair to.